Frequently Asked Questions

How can one determine whether a business is “essential”?
To determine whether a business is an “essential service” as defined by Texas Executive Order GA-14, and subject to the Governor's Executive Order, the TDEM has created the following link:

What must a business do to operate in Andrews County?
To operate in Andrews County, the business must:
1)   Provide an essential service as defined by Texas Executive Order GA-14
2)   Have a WORK SAFE PLAN on file with Andrews County

Can I have a garage sale?
In the Governor's Executive Order delivered on Tuesday, March 31, he said, "every person in Texas shall, except where necessary to provide or obtain essential services, minimize social gatherings and minimize in-person contact with people who are not in the same household." As a result of the Governor's Executive Order, garage sales will be prohibited in Andrews County until after April 30.

Am I required to stay at home when not working at an “essential” business?
The Governor’s Executive Order does not prohibit people from accessing essential services or engaging in essential daily activities, such as going to the grocery store or gas station, providing or obtaining other essential services, visiting parks, hunting or fishing, or engaging in physical activity like jogging or bicycling, so long as the necessary precautions are maintained to reduce the transmission of COVID- 19 and to minimize in person contact with people who are not in the same household.

What is the penalty for disobeying orders currently in place?
A violation is punishable as a Class C misdemeanor by a fine not to exceed $500.00 OR as authorized by Section 418.173 of the Texas Government Code and adopted in Andrews County’s Emergency Management Plan by a fine that does not exceed $1,000.00 and confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days, whichever is greater.

How does the County’s WORK SAFE PLAN work?
All “essential” business or organization operating in Andrews County are required to submit a WORK SAFE PLAN which identifies how the business will enforce distancing, sanitation, and hygiene practices to protect their employees, customers, and the public.

How can I see a business or organization’s WORK SAFE PLAN?
A list of current businesses with Work Safe Plans can be found at the following link:

How do I report a business that is violating the WORK SAFE PLAN?
To file a violation on a business not complying with the Work Safe Order, please go to the following link:

Where can a business or organization go to get a Work Safe Plan form?
Online forms can be found at the following link:
Businesses without internet access can request a form from the City at (432) 523-4820.

Does the WORK SAFE PLAN apply to churches?Churches should submit a Work Safe Plan if they are continuing to operate.

Can food trucks continue to operate?
Food truck vendors that submit a Work Safe Plan will be allowed to operate in the County and the City if they have a valid permit from the Andrews County Health Department. Food Truck vendors will now be allowed to operate in the City if they have a current City Permit.

How can I pay my water bill?
Citizens are encouraged to pay their water bills using one of the below methods:
1)   Online at
2)   Utilizing the drop box located on the north side of City Hall
3)   Via U.S. Mail Service

Is the City doing anything to help its residential customers financially impacted by the recent economic downturn and/or COVID19?
Yes. The City will waive all charges on the current Utility bill for services billed from mid-February to mid-March. To qualify for the waiver, the customer must present some form of correspondence or document from their employer showing (1) the customer has recently been laid off or had their hours or pay significantly reduced due to the economic downturn, or (2) the customer was sent home without pay or reduced hours due to COVID19. Customers will need to write their ACCOUNT NUMBER on the aforementioned document and either attach it and e-mail to or deposit it in the drop-box located on the north side of City Hall before April 15, 2020.